Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Give up yet?

Have you guessed which item is going to be the hardest for me to keep?

Give up?

It's maybe not what you'd expect. The one on there that has me shuddering is No. 7, Keeping an up-to-date calendar.

Really.

That's some scary shit right there.

Let's take a look at all the unused "calendars" I have around here. This is what I rounded up in about 90 seconds of searching my desk, office and bag.


I swear, I'm the most disorganized wanna-be Type Aer ever. I so desire to have an organized calendar. Maybe this is a faulty assumption, but I feel if my calendar was in order, my life would be, too. Everything would be plotted, accounted for, budgeted, arranged. I so want that. But... it seems I've lacked the willpower to actually do it. Every tine I make a new commitment to keep one, I usually convince myself I need a fresh start, and off I go to buy a new ooooh pretty shiny planner. The high lasts about three days. Then the planner is tossed into a drawer, a pile, a stack. Buh-bye.

I'm not sure what is going to make anything different this time. The urge is strong: I wanna get a new one first. Well, you know what? I think I need to earn a new calendar. So let's see if I can keep one going for .... 30 days. If I do, it'll be great timing to get the 2010 planners on sale.

What else might help? A set time of day for updating. A system for what goes in the calendar. A decision about whether I'm looking for an online calendar or a hard copy, and whether I need one for my life life and one for my work life.

I'd love to hear what works for you. Do you keep a calendar? How do you stick to it? What's your system?

2 comments:

  1. We used Google calendar. We have muliple calendars displayed all on one; finances (due dates mostly), work for each of us, and a combined one called "nick + jen" for everything else. We keep one printed out on the fridge and when it's updated we'll hand write on it, but it's been great since we started putting it up on the fridge, esp. for Nick who is calendar-challenged like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does Google walk you through setting up multiple calendars that all feed into one? That sounds complicated! But also like something that really might work for me. I tend to do better with online than hard calendars... the problem is when I am away from the computer and suddenly think of something to put on there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails